Monday, October 25, 2010

Has anyone have section of their thyroid removed?

My 12 year old daughter is going into hospital on thursday to enjoy half her thyroid gland removed as she have a lump (we don't know what the lump is yet) and i was wondering roughly speaking the post op expectations for her. I know about possible hormonal implication but wonder what to expect in the instrument of eating, drinking, conversation, pain etc. Any info you hold would be very greeting. Thanks in credit.Has anyone have section of their thyroid removed?
I had my thyroid removed 3+ years ago. I be eating regular (hospital) food the next morning after surgery, in attendance was discomfort and discomfort though. The night after the surgery you are basically allowed soft foods. Was given a prescription for pain medication but that be not needed. For me it took freshly about 3 days for agony to go away, but I be fatigued from the surgery for weeks. As far as talking, I have no problems, but one of the known possible complications is wound to nerves to the vocal cords. If this occur it could take a while for her voice to restore your health.
The scar will fade near time. The doctor used just sutures near me.
My adult cousin have this done recently. She have some pain, but not excrutiating and it be by managed beside medication. Eating and drinking will be a little different at first, afterwards go vertebrae to normal. She have several biopsies and there never be a clear result, so surgery was requisite. Lump was benign. Your daughter will inevitability some extra pillows for awhile, or an elevated mattress.
My mum had this done, she be in a great deal of pain and have to have her throat stapled and have now departed a nasty mark. I don't mean to startle you but just hope for the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment